Fox News host Tucker Carlson distanced himself and his program from the incendiary hate speech posted online by a former writer who worked on his top-rated program.
But critics who expected an apology from the conservative cable provocateur for the out-of-office behavior of Blake Neff, who worked on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” since January 2017, did not get one. He even delivered a parting shot at them.
“What Blake wrote anonymously was wrong,” Carlson said Monday on his program, reading from a statement. “We don’t endorse those words, they have no connection to the show. It is wrong to attack people for qualities they cannot control. In this country we judge people for what they do, not for how they were born. We often say that because we mean it. We’ll continue
Fox News’ Tucker Carlson addressed the resignation of Blake Neff, a writer for Carlson’s show who quit soon after a CNN report revealed racist and sexist comments he had posted online.
Carlson admitted to the viewers of his show on Monday night that “what Blake wrote anonymously was wrong.”
“We don’t endorse those words,” Carlson said. “They have no connection to the show. It is wrong to attack people for qualities they cannot control.”
At the end of his show, the Fox News host announced that he would be going on a previously planned trout-fishing vacation for the next few days.
According to a report from CNN Business, Neff had been posting messages under a pseudonym on the AutoAdmit message board.
His posts included racial slurs and rants against Black people, as well as continuous posts sent over five years about a woman he mocked and insulted, CNN Business reported.
A top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has resigned after reports surfaced that he had posted racist and sexist comments in an online forum known to be a hotbed for offensive and bigoted remarks, Fox News executives confirmed in a memo Saturday.
CNN Business first reported Friday that Blake Neff was a frequent poster on AutoAdmit, also known as XOXOhth. Racist and sexist comments are rampant in the relatively unmoderated message board meant for lawyers and law school students. CNN Business found that Neff used a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on the platform while he worked at Fox News. Neff worked at the company for about four years.
NBC News attempted to contact Neff by phone and email Saturday, but he could not be reached.
Neff wrote posts such as “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime
A top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has resigned after posting racist and sexist comments online.
Blake Neff, who joined Tucker Carlson Tonight in 2017, resigned on Friday after a CNN investigation.
It found that Mr Neff regularly used highly offensive language on an online forum called AutoAdmit under the name CharlesXII.
Fox News described the posts as “horrendous and deeply offensive”. Mr Carlson is yet to comment.
What did the posts say?
There were many posts under the pseudonym including derogatory comments African-Americans, Asian-Americans and women.
These included: “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down” and “honestly given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep.”
He also maintained a thread harassing a woman
A top writer for Fox News’ host Tucker Carlson resigned from the network after he was exposed for posting bigoted comments online.
According to CNN Business, writer Blake Neff had spent years secretly writing racist, sexist, and homophobic remarks on AutoAdmit, an unmoderated online forum widely refer to as the “4Chan for law students and lawyers.” The outlet reports Neff was posting on the forum as recently as this week under the pseudonym CharlesXII. One of his latest comments was posted on a thread dating back to 2018 with the subject line: “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n***** do lasik eye surgery on u for 50 percent off?”
Neff reportedly responded, “I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”
CNN also pointed to a June 5 post by CharlesXII, who wrote, “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest
Mateusz Slodkowski/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images
In a Saturday afternoon internal memo obtained by Business Insider, Fox News executives said the network condemns the “horrendous and deeply offensive” online activity of host Tucker Carlson’s former top writer.
CNN Business first reported on Friday that writer Blake Neff secretly posted racist, sexist, and homophobic messages for years under the pseudonym CharlesXII on the forum AutoAdmit.
A Fox News spokesperson previously confirmed to Business Insider late Friday that Neff had resigned, but did not confirm the circumstances behind his departure nor did they comment on the CNN Business report.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fox News executives issued a memo on Saturday to condemn the “racist, misogynistic, and homophobic” online activity of host Tucker Carlson’s former top writer that were revealed in a CNN Business report.
In the internal memo obtained by Business Insider, Fox News CEO
Blake Neff, a writer for “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” has resigned from the top-rated Fox News show amid reports he posted racist, sexist and homophobic comments to an online forum under a pseudonym.
According to a report from CNN, Neff has been posting in AutoAdmit, an online forum also known as Xoxohth, a largely unregulated message board for law school students. Using the pseudonym CharlesXII, an apparent reference to the late Swedish king known for his military leadership and abstemious personal life, Neff shared an array of bigoted opinions on Black and Asian people, the Mormon church and immigrants.
A former reporter at the Daily Caller, the conservative news site co-founded by Carlson, Neff also created multiple discussion threads where he mocked women he was friendly with on social media for sharing details
Fox News on Saturday sent a memo to staff condemning the “horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic behavior” of Tucker Carlson’s former top writer, Blake Neff.
Neff resigned on Friday after CNN Business discovered that he had been posting racist and sexist material in an online forum under a pseudonym.
“Neff’s abhorrent conduct on this forum was never divulged to the show or the network until Friday, at which point we swiftly accepted his resignation,” FOX News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and FOX News Media President & Executive Editor Jay Wallace wrote in the memo. “Make no mistake, actions such as his cannot and will not be tolerated at any time in any part of our work force.”
Also Read: Tucker Carlson’s Top Writer Resigns After Discovery of Racist, Sexist Comments in Online Forum
Neff disparaged Black and Asian people and derided a woman for being a “megashrew” in multiple pseudonymous
Fox News host Tucker Carlson’s top writer resigned. A CNN Business report alleges he used racist, sexist language on an online forum under a pseudonym.
Blake Neff, the top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has resigned, a network spokesperson confirmed to Business Insider.
His resignation came in tandem with a shocking report from CNN Business, which highlighted the alleged racist and sexist posts made on the online forum AutoAdmit by a user CNN Business says is Neff.
The alleged comments ranged from deriding the Black Lives Matter movement and mocking women he was connected with on social media and calling them “shrews.”
The Fox News spokesperson did not elaborate on the circumstances behind his departure nor did they comment on the CNN Business report.
Blake Neff has worked for Fox News for nearly four years and joined Carlson’s show shortly after its inception in November 2016, according to